Who is Visible Hands for?
In Fall 2022, Visible Hands will bring together it’s next cohort of exceptional individuals from across the U.S. to support them in obtaining pre-seed funding, validating business ideas, and building transformational technology companies. Selected founders will each receive an initial investment of $25 thousand, as well as the opportunity for an additional $150 thousand investment at the end of the accelerator.
Who is eligible for this accelerator?
- We are focused on investing in underrepresented talent who would make exceptional venture-backed entrepreneurs. This includes women, non-binary people, and Black, Latinx, and Indigenous American people.
- We are seeking proven builders, technologists, industry experts, community leaders, and/or people who are looking to diverge from their current career path to build high-growth technology-driven businesses.
- Visible Hands aims to support founders at the earliest, most formative stages of company-building. Our founders don’t need to enter the accelerator having anything built. In fact, they don’t even need to know exactly what they want to be building, or who they’ll be building it with. Founders that do come in with specific ideas or early prototypes are still open to evolving them.
- Our founders must be committed to working full-time on building their startups throughout the course of the accelerator, which is why we provide an upfront investment of $25 thousand to every founder.
How will we assess candidates?
In our selection process, we will look for individuals who demonstrate the following traits:
- Actionable Skills & Insights: Our founders will have ‘inspired insights’ into a specific customer, problem, industry, or technology, and/or a strong skillset that gives them a competitive advantage to building and distributing their solution.
- Resilience & Resource Magnetism: Our founders can creatively work around the constraints of ambiguity and limited resources. They will be able to attract people, money, and other support to their venture, leaving a network of evangelists wherever they go.
- Growth Mindset & Community Orientation: Our founders demonstrate a strong spirit of camaraderie, actively seeking out ways to contribute to and learn from the cohort, staff, and broader Visible Hands community. They are collaborative and eager to receive and implement feedback.
Does this sound like you? Head over to our website to sign up for updates. Applications open on April 5, 2022.
Does this sound like someone you know? Please take a moment to nominate them through this form.